Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba and Lync server Issue?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba and Lync server Issue?

Posted May 26, 2015 07:21 PM

I have and issue with making Lync Clients to be able to log into lync through WIFI I have done all configuration on Aruba regarding the Lync and when client try to sign in lync it says we can not sign you,verify the certficate and I found this error on logging :

May 27 01:54:54 <web_cc 354023>  <ERRS> |web_cc|  web_cc_callback: URL lookup failed : lyncdiscoverinternal.work.home.com

and when I try to check for this address it is know by by controlller and it equal to the Lync server IP

so what may be the issue here?

• 2.  RE: Aruba and Lync server Issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2015 07:26 PM
    That’s just an information warning for the DPI feature.

Does the DNS name match the certificate CN?

What happens when you accept the certificate warning?

• 3.  RE: Aruba and Lync server Issue?

Posted May 26, 2015 08:10 PM

it doenst give an option on the Lync to acceppt thewarning it said we can not sign you in

• 4.  RE: Aruba and Lync server Issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2015 08:13 PM

Is the device in a captive portal role?

• 5.  RE: Aruba and Lync server Issue?

Posted May 26, 2015 08:26 PM

no it takee the required role which have user roles required for Lync users

• 6.  RE: Aruba and Lync server Issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2015 08:28 PM
    Can you post the output of show rights -rolename-?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 7.  RE: Aruba and Lync server Issue?

Posted May 26, 2015 08:39 PM

Ok I will but im out of customer siite nw but I was doing some search on this issue on microsft side they said that I need to add the Certficate Root CA on the lync server and I used godaddy and bought a certficate that have *.Mydomain.com but should I do a CSR and sign it for lync or just adding the root CA cert. only?

• 8.  RE: Aruba and Lync server Issue?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2015 08:42 PM
    You may want to ask that question on the Microsoft Community in the Lync forum. I’m not 100% sure how it’s supposed to be setup on the Lync server side.

• 9.  RE: Aruba and Lync server Issue?

Posted May 29, 2015 08:19 AM

Dear Tim, should I installed the public CA on a controller and the controller signed certficate and choose it as server certficate and after that I wasn't able to log into webUI so what is the right certficate to be installed ?