Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Aruba and Lync server Issue?

I have and issue with making Lync Clients to be able to log into lync through WIFI I have done all configuration on Aruba regarding the Lync and when client try to sign in lync it says we can not sign you,verify the certficate and I found this error on logging :

May 27 01:54:54 <web_cc 354023>  <ERRS> |web_cc|  web_cc_callback: URL lookup failed : lyncdiscoverinternal.work.home.com

and when I try to check for this address it is know by by controlller and it equal to the Lync server IP

so what may be the issue here?

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba and Lync server Issue?

That’s just an information warning for the DPI feature.

Does the DNS name match the certificate CN?

What happens when you accept the certificate warning?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

it doenst give an option on the Lync to acceppt thewarning it said we can not sign you in

Guru Elite

Is the device in a captive portal role?

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

no it takee the required role which have user roles required for Lync users

Guru Elite

Can you post the output of show rights -rolename-?

Thanks,
Tim

Frequent Contributor II

Ok I will but im out of customer siite nw but I was doing some search on this issue on microsft side they said that I need to add the Certficate Root CA on the lync server and I used godaddy and bought a certficate that have *.Mydomain.com but should I do a CSR and sign it for lync or just adding the root CA cert. only?

Guru Elite

You may want to ask that question on the Microsoft Community in the Lync forum. I’m not 100% sure how it’s supposed to be setup on the Lync server side.

Frequent Contributor II

Dear Tim, should I installed the public CA on a controller and the controller signed certficate and choose it as server certficate and after that I wasn't able to log into webUI so what is the right certficate to be installed ?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: