Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba traffic stops after 30 minutes

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba traffic stops after 30 minutes

Posted Apr 05, 2013 11:58 AM

Hi,

I am new to Aruba and am having a issues with controller communicating with AP's. A little background is needed with this, the controller was purchased new last July and installed with existing AP's. I had first installed them on Cisco POE catalyst switch that was not segmented (no vlans) and it all worked great for the last 9 months or so and the switch was causing "flapping" issues which  were causing the AP's not to work correctly.

Now I have replaced the Cisco switch there with a new powerconnect 48port POE and am still having connectivity issues between the controller and the AP's, Aruba TAC keeps stating that this is a switch problem but this is a brand new switch, just goven an IP not vlaned out.

What my issue is that he AP's will come up on the switch for 30 minutes or so them all of them just drop, not just 1 or 2, all of them.

Open to suggestions, comments, before the aruba becomes a $3000 paper weight, JK.

Thanks 

Brandon

• 2.  RE: Aruba traffic stops after 30 minutes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2013 12:48 PM

If you have a case open, alot of what we ask you here will seem redundant, so please be patient:

When the access points drop, do they come back?

Do the switches say anything about dropping power in their logs?

When the access points come back does "show log system 50" say anything about why they went down?

• 3.  RE: Aruba traffic stops after 30 minutes

Posted Apr 05, 2013 01:04 PM

Sure no problem. I am just waiting on TAC to call me back now, to answer your question about if they come back the answer is yes they come back after they cycle for a about 10 minutes.

• 4.  RE: Aruba traffic stops after 30 minutes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2013 01:06 PM

Well,

Do you still have access points on old switches that are not having the issue?  Can you put one switch back in play to see if it is the switches?

• 5.  RE: Aruba traffic stops after 30 minutes

Posted Apr 05, 2013 01:10 PM

no i dont have any aps on an old switch unfortunately, we have swapped out this swich in particular with 2 different other switches and same issue they'll stay up for awhile and then go back down.

The aruba 650 controller is plugged into a dist. stack of switches then connected to the AP switch, we even plugged the controller directly to the AP switch with all 15 aps plugged into the new powerconnect and they will come back up then back down.