Wireless Access

New Contributor

ArubaCare License Support

I'm trying to figure out what the benefit is of having ArubaCare on licenses (AP, PEFNG and RFP).  For example:

1. Will the licenses expire if I don't have license support
  2. Can I still transfer licenses on the LMS without license support
  3. Will I have access to software upgrades with ArubaCare on controller but no license support

I have heard many different things and would like a concrete answer.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jay Hoogerbrugge

ACMP

New Contributor

Re: ArubaCare License Support

Years later... I still can't find the answer to this. 

New Contributor

I want to know this too.

Super Contributor I

Hi 

Please see below for the answer

@JayHoogy wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what the benefit is of having ArubaCare on licenses (AP, PEFNG and RFP).  For example:

1. Will the licenses expire if I don't have license support
  2. Can I still transfer licenses on the LMS without license support
  3. Will I have access to software upgrades with ArubaCare on controller but no license support

I have heard many different things and would like a concrete answer.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jay Hoogerbrugge

ACMP

1. If you have normal/perpetual licenses they will not expire. Only the trail ones do. You can use them without support as long as you don't upgrade*

2. As far as i know you can, not 100% certain.

3. Yes, that might be possible, but*

* Please look carefully at the EULA of Aruba Networks. It states that you must have valid support in order to upgrade and possibly use the software. So sometimes it is not an question if something is possible, but more if it is legal to do so.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: