Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Nov 07, 2017 03:22 AM

Does Microsoft Hyper-V supports ArubaOS 8.0. Can I install the Virtual Mobility Controller on Hyper-V? Thank  you in advance.

regards,

Ryan

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2017 06:44 AM

Not currently no, Hyper-V support is currently only on the VIrtual Mobility Master. 

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:04 PM

Is there a timeline for when this will be a thing? We utlize hyper-v for lots of branch offices to reduce costs and would love to have Aruba OS 8.0 deployed onto Hyper-V.

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Jan 04, 2018 12:39 AM

is a Hyper-V VMC on the roadmap?

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Jan 04, 2018 09:57 AM

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 06:58 PM

I believe VMM was added to HyperV in 8.2, not VMC yet. Target was AOS 8.3.

• 7.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Jan 10, 2018 09:50 AM

Is there any roadmap?

Is it possible to install on KVN now and migrate with the same license to hyperV later on?

• 8.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2018 11:50 AM

Target for HyperV VMC (Virtual Mobility Controller) is AOS 8.3, which will be mid-Spring (give or take). You could deploy a KVM-based VMC now yes, there is no direct migration path from KVM or VMWare to another platform, you would just need to spin a new one up and let the MM push the new config.

• 9.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Jan 26, 2018 03:13 AM

You can install 8.2 in Hyper-V.

Installation Guide: Guide

• 10.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Jan 26, 2018 04:06 AM

Yeahhhhh!

Got a VM as MM up and running.

But now I am looking for some Demo-Licenses, unfortunately our distributor cannot help: "Please find a HPE partner - we a a major distributor in Germany but cannot help you out with a demo."

That´s a pity :(

• 11.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Jan 26, 2018 04:15 AM

Do you have a HPE Partner contact? They will be able to generate a Eval Lic, I think it lasts 30 days for the VC not sure about the MM Eval.

If you cannot find a HPE Partner in your area let me know and I will see what I can do. I know I can generate Eval Lics.

• 12.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Jan 26, 2018 04:24 AM

This would be great - because I do not have a HPE partner.

The purpose of my testing is:

setting up 1 MM and 2 MC as HyperV VMs to evaluate if we can switch from a single 7005 to that setting in our new office up from March 2018 with WiFi only.

(Yes I know this will be tricky and needs to be HA and balanced when everything (!) including whole VoIP, videoconferencing, git-check-in / out, windows- and OSX-updates... and a bunch of powerusers is done by a shared media like WiFi...- but hey, that´s why I chose aruba!)

• 13.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Feb 07, 2018 10:41 AM

Has anyone tried to get a virtual MC running on Hyper-V yet?  Any success?

I read that MC is not supported under Hyper-V... if that's the case, I want to stop now and reload my lab server with a different hypervisor that will support both MM and MC... *shrug* 

• 14.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

Posted Feb 12, 2018 05:04 PM

I have answered my own question!  Yes, I was successful in getting a VA-MC up and fully functional in my Hyper-V lab.  Good stuff.

• 15.  RE: ArubaOS 8.0 on Hyper-V

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2018 10:13 AM

Target for HyperV support on MCVA is currently slated for AOS 8.3. Just for your FYI.