Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Re: ArubaOS 8.2.1 cannot create Wlan without PEF license

I'm dealing with a client who can't create a WLAN for this reason. They're on AOS 8.2.1.0. 

Has this been corrected in newer releases or is this still the case?

New Contributor

Hi,

according to my sales-rep this Issue should be fixed in 8.3.0.0 or 8.2.1.1. I just upgraded the MMs to 8.3.0.0 and removed my PEFNG License. This issue is still there.

According to my Aruba Systems Engineer this Issue occures, because the wizzard is trying to create a default-role for the SSID and as you need PEFNG to create such a role. Sadly it looks like there won't be a soultion to this.

What still works is to create a new VAP-Profile on the CLI, but it won't show up in the Configuration->WLANs section in the MM-UI.

Occasional Contributor I

Hello,

according to Aruba SE team, this issue is considered as bug an will be fixed in future releases. Workaround ist to turn on PEF Feature without adding any PEF licence. In my lab with 8.3.0.1 the workaround did it.  

Best Regards,

Michael

pef-feature.jpg

Occasional Contributor I

Hello,

watch out: after running some tests I recognized that an AP will not survive a reboot and get stuck with status "no License". To get this fixed you have to turn off the PEF feature after using the wizard. You may use the role "guest" instead of "authenticated". 

We have an open ticket to get a this issue fixed. 

Best Regards,

Michael Breuer

Ingentive Networks 

https://www.ingentive.net/

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: