Wireless Access

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: ArubaOS 8.2.X.X (2 Questions) Standalone <> Standalone standby(how to share licenese? uplo

1. Jhoward answered: "When deploying a standalone / backup standalone, centralized licensing should work the exact same as it was before in 6.x. I have tested that in 8.2.1 and it should work fine. if not, please post your configs and screenshots or open a TAC case. "

2.  Please search the 8.2 documentation for how to upload the Captive Portal pages.  I found the information here:   http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_82_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Internal_Captive_Portal.htm#captive_portal_2658586545_1085111

3.  It is suboptimal to install a network without an MM and it should not really be done, because you give up too many features and functionality.  You will just end up asking "will XXX feature work on a controller-based master" and nobody will  know because few if anybody installs that way.  The MM is designed to be the master as a device that has alot of disk and memory, and runs Airgroup and Airmatch centrally.  Installing an MM is a complete separation of the configuration and data plane that is necessary to deploy highly scalable networks and you should honestly not bother with a controller as a master, because you will run into limitations and few if any people will have answers to your questions.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Re: ArubaOS 8.2.X.X (2 Questions) Standalone <> Standalone standby(how to share licenese? uplo

1. OK - So i guess, i missing somthing :)

Because i have 2 standalones (Master / MasterStandby)

2. Already notice that beofre posting...but what about CONTENT files , not the TOP-LEVEL login (for example images/CSS/Javascripts and more) - how to i upload them?

3.MM is a great add-on ..but this spesefic deployment with 8.2.X is for guest enrivorment and needs only.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Guru Elite

1.  Maybe

2.  The procedure to upload html files for the top level page and assets has not changed between 6.x and 8.x. 

EDIT:  When I say it is the same, I mean you still upload assets through the welcome page upload dialog.

3.  Why use 8.2 if this deployment is just for guest?  Unless the user has hardware that requires 8.2, maybe use 6.x instead of installing 8.x without an MM?  In 8.x you cannot terminate any access points on the master controller.  

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

1. Ok.
2. U don't have place to upload content files... Or assets.. show me where ? Not welcome page...content of the page not HTML files..

3. More than that :) Are u serious ? ... Been deployed 8 since it was tactical only... And I'm using standalone master and standalone Masterstandby on version 8.2 - for a reason. So.. no MM in my solution and yet .. I need answer on question 2...
Guru Elite

1.  OK

2.  Uploading files using the Welcome upload uploads content files.  It is the same procedure with 6.x.  Uploading files using Logon uploads a file and sets the logon page to that HTML.

3.  Just checking...

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

so no 1. anymore :)

regarding 2. Thanks ..so i need to upload content via welcome page and top level login as vefore

reagrding 3. forgot to mention ... using MultiZone that why im stucked in 8.X for this master masterstandby guest enviroment.

Thanks for all the info

Occasional Contributor II

Point 3 is a very salient argument for deploying a Mobility Master.  Thanks for spelling it out so clearly.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: