Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Attributes

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Attributes

Posted Mar 30, 2012 12:40 PM

Hi, 

tell me that what are radius attributes, vendor specific attributes, how attributes work or pass from IAS, .

Help me,

Regards,

faisal

• 2.  RE: Attributes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2012 12:44 PM

In the ArubaOS user guide, appendix D, there is a section on how to configure radius attributes.

To see what radius attributes are passed back and forth during authentication, you can read the knowledgebase article here:  https://kb.arubanetworks.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/826/kw/attributes

• 3.  RE: Attributes

Posted Mar 30, 2012 01:46 PM

Thanks for ur reply,

Please tell me that why we use attributes and what that means, i found so many documents but they are quite difficuilt.

Regards,

Faisal

• 4.  RE: Attributes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2012 01:49 PM

@faisalkhan88 wrote:

Thanks for ur reply,

Please tell me that why we use attributes and what that means, i found so many documents but they are quite difficuilt.

Regards,

Faisal

faisalkhan88,

Radius or LDAP server is used to authenticate users.  Attributes are used to authorize, or give users different roles or vlans based on something about their login, like their AD group.  The attribute is configured on the radius server and is sent back to the controller during authentication.  In the server group on the controller, a rule is written looking for that attribute to change the Role or VLAN of the authenticated user, in addition to letting them on the network.

I hope that makes sense...