Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aurba 220 & 110 Access Point Ethernet location

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aurba 220 & 110 Access Point Ethernet location

Posted Nov 26, 2013 06:27 AM

Hi there,

Im new to the site so hello to all. I am looking to replace existing Aruba AP's with new Aruba AP's system at my work.

I have been looking at Aruba 220 series AP & Aruba 110 series AP but i have been unable to find information on the ethernet port location on these models. Does anyone happen to know if they are on the rear or the side of the AP?

We have previously used Aruba 130 AP's but the ethernet port location being on the rear has caused us a lot of issues when trying to ceiling mount these AP's.

Thanks for your help :)

• 2.  RE: Aurba 220 & 110 Access Point Ethernet location
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 26, 2013 06:47 AM
    The Ethernet port location for those is similar to the ap135

• 3.  RE: Aurba 220 & 110 Access Point Ethernet location

Posted Nov 26, 2013 06:55 AM

Thank you for the reply.

That seems very unusual, its means if i am to wall mount or ceiling mount the AP's i have to punch holes in the wall or roof to allow the AP's to install flush with the surface?

• 4.  RE: Aurba 220 & 110 Access Point Ethernet location

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2013 08:00 AM

There are wall mounts available.  It will not be flush but it will work.  When done correctly, you don't see any wired.  If the RJ45 was on the side, then from one angle, you would always see a cable.  With the jack on the bottom, everything can be concealed.  In addition, there are some third party providers that make a ceiling tile with a locakble insert where the AP sits flush.  Those look great!

• 5.  RE: Aurba 220 & 110 Access Point Ethernet location

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2013 08:01 AM

There are mounting kits available which raise the AP away from surface a bit, so you don't have to punch through the wall or ceiling as you say.

• 6.  RE: Aurba 220 & 110 Access Point Ethernet location

Posted Nov 26, 2013 08:04 AM

Excellent

Thank for the info guys i will look in to these wall mount kits :)

• 7.  RE: Aurba 220 & 110 Access Point Ethernet location