Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Authenticated client - does not appear on clients list.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Authenticated client - does not appear on clients list.

Posted Oct 30, 2015 06:47 PM

Recently updated our 7200 controller with 6.4.2.12.

After successful update - introduced 15 wireless clients to the network.

All 15 devices authenticated and our sending telemetry to networked server.

When viewing monitoring>controller>clients tab - only 14 of the 15 devices appear on the clients list.

The list was set to display 25 results per page.

If I perform a search using the mac address of the missing client - it appears on the list by itself.

The client is present when I use the dashboard to query WLAN, Clients, or Access Points.

Reboot of the client has no affect on situation.

Has anyone else observed this type of behavior?

• 2.  RE: Authenticated client - does not appear on clients list.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 07:38 PM

Does the client have an ip address?

• 3.  RE: Authenticated client - does not appear on clients list.

Posted Nov 02, 2015 10:52 AM

The client does have an IP address - is pingable - and telemetry from this client to server is active.

Also note that if I perform a search using the clients mac address it will appear on the clients list by itself.

It just does not appear with all of the other clients for some reason -

With the results page set for 25 - I see 18 of 19 clients -

The client is using the same ESSID and logon user roles as the other clients.

This issue is not causing any customer complaints - but it is a strange behavior we have not observed before, would like to know the cause.

• 4.  RE: Authenticated client - does not appear on clients list.

Posted Nov 15, 2015 06:31 AM

Notice it also on 6.4.3.4 :(

In CLI with show user | include Wired i can see two users that connected .bot on GUI only 1.. :( both using 802.1x on wired port

• 5.  RE: Authenticated client - does not appear on clients list.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 15, 2015 06:50 AM
    Please open à tac case so your steps can be replicated . I am sure if others have the same problem, they will chime in, but we cannot fix it unless it can be replicated every time. Hopefully your information will allow is to do that.

• 6.  RE: Authenticated client - does not appear on clients list.

Posted Nov 16, 2015 08:06 AM

Hi

We saw a similar situation a few months away, when we first installed fresh 7220's to a customer. We initially wanted to run 6.4.3.x, but after upgrading from 6.4.2.x, there was several clients missing from the monitoring->clients database.

They definitely had an IP address, but was only visible in the dashboard.

I did open a TAC case (1706952), but Aruba TAC was unable to replicate the problem, and did not take my screenshots serious.

As they were visible in the Dashboard, it would provide enough info i was told, not Aruba's proudest moment....

I replicated the problem in my lab, but as i have now moved to 6.4.4.x, i think the problem is gone

Roar