Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Avoid 40MHz channel on g-radio still preserving other "n" benefits

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Avoid 40MHz channel on g-radio still preserving other "n" benefits

Posted Aug 25, 2013 04:25 AM

Hi all

I have MC6000 (firmware 6.2.0.2) controllers and aps AP135. I have SSID using both 2.4 and 5 GHz radios. I want to go "full n" at 5 GHz (so all MCS, MIMO and 40 MHz channels), while at 2.4 GHZ I want all MCS and MIMO but only 20 MHz channels.

I have:

- "High throughput enable (SSID)" and "40 MHz channel usage" both enabled in "High-throughput SSID Profile" for my VirtualAP (because I want 40 MHz at 5GHz, and SSID-profile seems at higher hierarchical level than RF profiles)

- for both "802.11a radio profile" and "802.11g radio profile" I have "High throughput enable (radio)" enabled

- in "High-throughput Radio Profile" for 802.11g radio I have enabled "40 MHz intolerance" (while of course it's disabled for a-radio)

is it correct?

PS

Btw, what is "CSD override" in "High-throughput Radio Profile"? (I have it enabled)

Thanks

Bye

Andrea Barontini

• 2.  RE: Avoid 40MHz channel on g-radio still preserving other "n" benefits

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2013 09:40 AM

The "master switch" is in the ARM profile.   By default it is A-only, which is what you desire:

arm.png

From the 6.1.3.9 release notes:

Single-chain-legacy is Renamed CSD-override Starting with ArubaOS 6.1.3.2, the single-chain-legacy parameter in high-throughput radio profile has been renamed to csd-override. When this feature is enabled, all legacy transmissions will be sent using a single antenna. This enables interoperability for legacy or high-throughput stations that cannot decode 802.11n cyclic shift diversity (CSD) data, and changes 802.11n transmission by restricting CSD spreading. This parameter is enabled by default, and will be enabled when you upgrade to ArubaOS 6.1.3.2, regardless of whether the single-chain-legacy setting was enabled or disabled before the upgrade. Disable this feature only if you need to support legacy or high-throughput stations that cannot support 802.11n CSD data. Use the command rf ht-radio-profile <profile> csd-override to enable this feature, or disable it using the command rf ht-radio-profile <profile> no csd-override.

It should be ok to have this on.

• 3.  RE: Avoid 40MHz channel on g-radio still preserving other "n" benefits

Posted Aug 26, 2013 06:16 AM

Ok, thank you very much!

Andrea

• 4.  RE: Avoid 40MHz channel on g-radio still preserving other "n" benefits

Posted Dec 24, 2013 02:52 PM

We are running 6.1.3.1 and I don't see that "Single chain Legacy" in the HT Radio Profile.  The only options available are:

40 MHz intolerance

Honor 40 MHz intolerance

Legacy station workaround

Can you please let me know what each of these options do and if they should be enabled?  We currently have the "Legacy station workaround" option enabled, does that mean that we should have the "CSD override" option enabled on the newer code?

• 5.  RE: Avoid 40MHz channel on g-radio still preserving other "n" benefits