Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

BLOCKING ACCESS TO A URL WITH WEBCC EVEN THE FIRST TIME

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  BLOCKING ACCESS TO A URL WITH WEBCC EVEN THE FIRST TIME

Posted Jan 18, 2020 11:19 AM

Hello.

According to https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Why-the-URL-Filter-doesn-t-block-the-first-request-when-the/ta-p/253068, I understand that, when accessing an URL, "if the cache entry is not found, an URL query will be sent to control plane/cloud to learn the entry. In the mean time, the data packet will be forwarded which make the clients to get an access to the URL for the first time"

Is it possible to configure any option so the data packet will NOT be forwarded to the clients, so they do NOT get access to the URL for the first time, until the query related with this URL has a response? I am conscious that this way will delay all URL requests, but clients will not see denied URLs, even for a short time.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: BLOCKING ACCESS TO A URL WITH WEBCC EVEN THE FIRST TIME
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: BLOCKING ACCESS TO A URL WITH WEBCC EVEN THE FIRST TIME

Posted Jan 19, 2020 04:07 PM

Thanks you very much.

I had to upgrade from 6.5.0.0 to 8.6.0.2, as such a command do not exist in the previous version. Now, it works as I wanted.

Thanks again.