Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

BW Contract - Public vs. Private networks

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  BW Contract - Public vs. Private networks

Posted Feb 17, 2017 09:47 AM

Is there a way I can create and apply a BW contract that will allow unlimited BW to Private Networks but restrict BW to public networks?

I see I can apply an Exception to a BW contract but the exceptions are for Application only. It would be great if I could assign an Exception to a NetDestination. 

• 2.  RE: BW Contract - Public vs. Private networks
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 09:54 AM

That is not possible, unfortunately.  You cannot specify a destination for a bandwidth contract..

Honestly I am not a big fan of bandwidth contracts; you want users to get as much bandwidth as possible.  If there is something upstream that is congesting the traffic, it would be wired and not wireless traffic that would be causing it...

• 3.  RE: BW Contract - Public vs. Private networks

Posted Feb 20, 2017 08:25 AM

Thanks Colin. I agree that Wired usually consumes internet BW. In this case, the school has a one-to-one Chromebook solution. One day they all decided to sync Google Drive simultaneously. AppRF and dynamic BW policy came to the rescue! Now the school wants to enable BW controllers for any APP that might do this same thing. I am going to take a look at the perimeter FW to see what capabilities it has. Thanks for the quick response as always Colin!