Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Back-up LMS IP and Persistent mode

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Back-up LMS IP and Persistent mode

Posted Oct 19, 2013 12:51 AM

Should both backup LMS IP and persistent-mode be enabled for a VAP or only either of them should be enabled at a time?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Back-up LMS IP and Persistent mode

Posted Oct 19, 2013 06:02 AM

When you say persisten, are you referring to the Remote-AP Operation setting?   Backup LMS in an AP System profile should be used whenever you have a backup controller for your APs (that is not using VRRP).   Persisten mode for Remote-AP Operatoin in a Virtual AP should be used when you want to keep the SSID up in temporary controller outages.   Refer to the RAP VRD for details.  The following is taken from it:

aos-rap-modes.png

• 3.  RE: Back-up LMS IP and Persistent mode

Posted Oct 21, 2013 12:08 AM

Yes, I am referring to remote-AP operation setting. I have a backup controller and i have set the back up LMS IP. My primary controller is at different geographic locations and APs connect over a WAN link. At times, there are WAN link outages which brings down the local network connectivity also. Can I enable persistent mode in such a case and have a back-up LMS IP also configured at the same time ?

• 4.  RE: Back-up LMS IP and Persistent mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2013 07:31 AM

You can, but you should also set IPSEC retries in the AP system profile to 0 so that the remote access point does not reboot when it loses connectivity.