Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Backup of Mobility Master and MD's

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Backup of Mobility Master and MD's

Posted Aug 03, 2018 12:39 PM

I have a mobility Master and several MD's in different folders. With the heirarchy of config If I run a flashbackup from the Mobility Master folder will that capture all the configs in the MD folder structure and controllers?

• 2.  RE: Backup of Mobility Master and MD's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 01:28 PM

Yes.

• 3.  RE: Backup of Mobility Master and MD's

Posted Sep 26, 2019 08:48 AM

A couple of questions on this:

1.  If I just back up the VMs weekly that the Mobility Masters are running on will they have the config of the MM and all MDs or does a flashbackup need run to pull this?

2. If a flashbackup is needed to be taken is there a way to do this like a routine task rather than manually?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Backup of Mobility Master and MD's

Posted Sep 26, 2019 09:41 AM

Do you have Airwave ?

Airwave does automatic backups.

This post may be of help.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/Use-AirWave-script-to-regularly-back-up-Aruba-controllers/ta-p/178850

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
    --Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

• 5.  RE: Backup of Mobility Master and MD's

Posted Sep 26, 2019 09:55 AM

Yes have airwave - however the latest versions see CLI access restricted not sure if the scripts still work?

Where does the nightly maintenance store backups and how do you define what is being backed up?