Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Backup of Mobility Master and MD's

I have a mobility Master and several MD's in different folders. With the heirarchy of config If I run a flashbackup from the Mobility Master folder will that capture all the configs in the MD folder structure and controllers?

Guru Elite

Re: Backup of Mobility Master and MD's

Yes.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP

A couple of questions on this:

1.  If I just back up the VMs weekly that the Mobility Masters are running on will they have the config of the MM and all MDs or does a flashbackup need run to pull this?

2. If a flashbackup is needed to be taken is there a way to do this like a routine task rather than manually?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor I

Do you have Airwave ?

Airwave does automatic backups.

This post may be of help.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/Use-AirWave-script-to-regularly-back-up-Aruba-controllers/ta-p/178850

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

Ajay Kumar Ravipati
ACMA (V8) | ACMP (V8) | CCENT | CCNA (R&S) | PAN-OS 8.0 ACE
MVP

Yes have airwave - however the latest versions see CLI access restricted not sure if the scripts still work?

Where does the nightly maintenance store backups and how do you define what is being backed up?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: