Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Bandwidth contracts on apps

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Bandwidth contracts on apps

Posted Jan 02, 2018 04:44 PM

Running ArubaOS 6.4.4.6 on a 3400 controller.

I've realized that I will need a 7x-series controller or better to be able to use throttling on AppRF, but setting up bandwidth contracts on apps seems to be allowed in the WebUI, but it doesn't seem to work..

Is there anything I could have missed during configuration of this?

At the moment the following is set up:

name        type     

streaming   appcategory

facebook    app

youtube      app

All with 1mbps up/down for test..

I've verified that a more general role-based bandwidth contract work just fine.

PS:
    The reason for doing this is that the internet connection is done through 4G with a limit on data. The past weeks I've seen a large increase of data usage, and the monthly limit won't hold for more than 10 days if this situation persists..

Suggestions for other ways to get around this problem would of course be highly appreciated.

As the devices and computers the increased usage derives from also is used for more important tasks, it's not really an option to either block them or give them a role with a hard bandwidth contract.

• 2.  RE: Bandwidth contracts on apps
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2018 06:14 PM

AppRF 2.0 will only work on 7000 series controllers, even though it allows you to configure it, unfortunately.  Sometimes you have a master that is not a 7000 series controller that you can configure the policies with, but if the client traffic terminates on anything besides a 7000 series controller, it will not be enforced.