Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Bandwidth control per user on the same SSID in RAP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Bandwidth control per user on the same SSID in RAP

Posted Oct 24, 2014 07:26 AM

Would like to know if the AP is RAP and in bridge mode.

Can I have bandwidth control base on per user or per SSID ?

• 2.  RE: Bandwidth control per user on the same SSID in RAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 07:28 AM
    Not in bridge mode, no.

• 3.  RE: Bandwidth control per user on the same SSID in RAP

Posted Oct 24, 2014 07:35 AM

Hi Tim

Any solution ?

Do I need to put in a controller in my banch office to do this bandwidht control base on per user or based on the SSIDs ?

What are the possible solutuions ?

• 4.  RE: Bandwidth control per user on the same SSID in RAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 07:46 AM

ngiekeong,

All you can use is the RAP-bandwidth-reservation for certain applications in bridge mode:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Remote_AP/Uplink_Bandwidth_Reserva.htm?Highlight=reservation

Basically you set the bandwidth for certain  application traffic and the bandwidth of your uplink and it will reserve bandwidth for your specific applications.  All of the remaining traffic will be constrained to what is left of the uplink parameter.

• 5.  RE: Bandwidth control per user on the same SSID in RAP
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 24, 2014 10:43 AM

If you can't change the bridge forwarding mode, one option is to use IAPs rather than RAPs.   If you setup IAPs at these sites and then utilize the IAP-VPN functionality for HQ connectivity (if required) rather than a traditional controller-based RAP, you could have the bandwidth controls you are seeking at that site.

Alternatively, you could consider a 7005 controller which coud serve the APs at the branch for a traditional controller-based architecture.