Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Basic SSID and radio profile setup

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 04:14 PM

How do you make the AP's actually broadcast the SSID you've created?  My AP is up and provisioned and my SSID has been created but the radio LED's on the AP are amber.  I've tried configuring AP specific options for radio profiles in "AP Configuration", but I don't see any change.

• 2.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 05:34 PM

Is this an IAP or a campus AP ?

• 3.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 05:36 PM

Its actually an IAP I converted to campus.

• 4.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 05:40 PM

You already have an AP-Group , when you created the Virtual-AP (Assign a valid AP) and SSID-Profile did you added to the AP-Group?

is the AP part of that AP-Group ?

• 5.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 05:41 PM
    Also is the Virtual AP / SSID Profile enabled ?

• 6.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 05:58 PM

The AP is just in the default AP group.  And yes, according the advanced tab on the virtual ap - SSID page, the box is checked for "Enabled"

• 7.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 06:05 PM
    Can you run the following command :
    show ap essid

Also is the SSID hidden by any chance ?

What type of authentication are you using ?

• 8.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 06:10 PM
    if you have a master-local setup make sure you save the config so it can get pushed to the local

• 9.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 06:13 PM

I only have the one controller, its current mode is Master.

• 10.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 06:45 PM

Found a command that might be useful, sh ap database long - it shows my one and only AP as having the " I " flag set as being inactive.  Its up, but inactive according to this, not sure if this helps.

(Aruba7005) #show ap database long

AP Database
    -----------
    Name                   Group    AP Type  IP Address    Status      Flags  Switch IP      Standby IP  Wired MAC Address  Serial #   Port  FQLN  Outer IP  User
    ----                   -----    -------  ----------    ------      -----  ---------      ----------  -----------------  --------   ----  ----  --------  ----
    Aruba-IAP-225-1-81:52  default  225      10.192.20.13  Up 37m:19s  I      10.192.20.253  0.0.0.0     18:64:72:cd:81:52  CT0203226  N/A   N/A   N/A       

Flags: U = Unprovisioned; N = Duplicate name; G = No such group; L = Unlicensed
           I = Inactive; D = Dirty or no config; E = Regulatory Domain Mismatch
           X = Maintenance Mode; P = PPPoE AP; B = Built-in AP
           R = Remote AP; R- = Remote AP requires Auth; C = Cellular RAP;
           c = CERT-based RAP; 1 = 802.1x authenticated AP; 2 = Using IKE version 2
           u = Custom-Cert RAP; S = Standby-mode AP; J = USB cert at AP
           M = Mesh node; Y = Mesh Recovery

• 11.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

• 12.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 24, 2014 02:44 PM

My my thats quite a list there.  In the mean time I have changed my setup to a tunneled wlan, and the access point is working fine, but I would still like to have a functioning bridged (locally switched) setup as well.

• 13.  RE: Basic SSID and radio profile setup

Posted Dec 06, 2014 06:11 PM

Since this was my first go round with the equipment I decided to just use the wizard to create this first WLAN.  In step 3 it asks if you want to broadcast this SSID and I've set that to "Yes". 

Its set to a basic WPA2 encryption with psk.  I've set it so its bridged (locally switched) and set the proper vlan tag for it.  But nothing is being broadcast.