Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Best auth mode

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Best auth mode

Posted Jun 06, 2016 05:33 AM

Hi

i have an new building with some med carts  , and i need to configure my 7205 controller with my AP 205

i would like to know what is the recommended way of authentication and also the easiest to configure 

( in the past i had cert server and radius...it wasnt easy to manage it , this is why i am looking for other way to connect 

thanks 

TK

• 2.  RE: Best auth mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 05:36 AM

You should use whatever authentication methods are recommended by the Med Cart manufacturer.  What is the operating system?

• 3.  RE: Best auth mode

Posted Jun 06, 2016 05:51 AM

Hi

80% are windows 7 and few still old XP machines , all of them are at workgroup , not join to a domain 

if i would like to use LDAP do i need another server like radius , or i could use only the controler ?

thanks 

• 4.  RE: Best auth mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 05:59 AM

If they are not joined to the domain, it is going to be painful to configure all of those computers.  You probably can only do WPA2-AES-PSK

• 5.  RE: Best auth mode

Posted Jun 06, 2016 07:49 AM

Hi

so the only way is with user/password ? (local db)

• 6.  RE: Best auth mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 07:53 AM

How many carts do you have?  It is difficult to configure carts for username and password authentication if they are not part of a domain...

• 7.  RE: Best auth mode

Posted Jun 06, 2016 09:34 AM

i have a round 100 carts

its not a problem to get one by one , i will do it step by step 

i saw that i can run LDAP , if i will create each cart a user on the AD do i need anything more ?

• 8.  RE: Best auth mode
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 09:39 AM

Using LDAP will force you to install custom software on each cart.  I would engage a consultant to tell you the best way to deploy all of your carts.  I can tell you what you should do, but a consultant will work directly with you to make sure that everything is considered.

• 9.  RE: Best auth mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 05:38 AM
    Also, consider working with your Aruba partner to design an authentication architecture that works across platforms and is easy to manage.