Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Best practices for RAP / AP database export > import - How to extract files from flashbackup

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Best practices for RAP / AP database export > import - How to extract files from flashbackup

Posted Oct 26, 2012 10:19 AM

Hello,

We are currently in the re-design phase of our current RAP infrastructure.  The history is we currently have (2) 6000 controllers with M3 cards providing RAP connectivity.   They are set-up in a master / master-standby VRRP configuration in two different geographically seperated data centers & we are currently having an issue getting them to communicate over the GRE tunnel which inter-connects them.  Engineering has suggested a reboot of the primary to restore, which we will reserve as a last ditch effort, but cannot perform at present time since these are currently in production.

In the meantime, I was wanting to create a procedural doc for manually backing up & restoring the RAP database from the master to the master-standby in the event we have an issue with the master.

I'm either looking to do this from the flashbackup which we will be saving weekly or how to do from the wms export-db which can also be performed on a scheduled basis, until our updated infrastructure is in place.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

• 2.  RE: Best practices for RAP / AP database export > import - How to extract files from flashbackup
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2012 11:08 AM

The RAP whitelist is a table in the local user database, so if you export that and copy it off, you should get that file:

local-userdb-export <filename>

copy flash: <filename> tftp: <filename>

That should do the trick..

• 3.  RE: Best practices for RAP / AP database export > import - How to extract files from flashbackup

Posted Oct 26, 2012 11:30 AM

After looking through the CLI guide, found that one as well.  Seems more straightforward since we really only need the whitelist.  I'll dig deeper into extracting other files from the flashback up as needed.

Thanks!