Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Block Ack / Delete Block Ack Loop & Performance Degradation

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Block Ack / Delete Block Ack Loop & Performance Degradation

Posted Dec 06, 2017 04:10 PM
      |   view attached

Hi folks,

I had an issue yesterday that I figured I'd run by the community before opening a TAC case. I got a report of poor performance at a particular location in a building. After arriving, I narrowed it down to a specific 5Ghz radio on Ch. 116. I took a packet capture and found an Intel device in what I could only describe as an endless loop with the radio sending a Block ACK Request and the client replying with a Delete Block ACK 802.11k action frame. This repeated over and over and made the radio essentially unusable (I couldn't even get an ARP reply from the default gateway). From a metrics perspective, everything looked good. Channel utilization, SNR, client health, etc was all within acceptable levels. I eventually pinned it to an HP laptop sitting idlely on a user's desk (he was on vacation). Toggling off wifi on the laptop resolved the issue.

Anyone seen something like this before? Packet capture attached (rename file extension to .pcap).

Attachment(s)

docx
    bad-wifi.docx   7.46 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Block Ack / Delete Block Ack Loop & Performance Degradation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2017 06:47 PM

Turn off 802.11k or enable Quiet IE in your 802.11k configuration.