Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Branch solution with few access points

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Branch solution with few access points

Posted Apr 23, 2018 08:31 AM

I've a requirement to do WLAN solution with small branches and each branch with 2 or 3 APs. They also need a centralized policy. I'm planing to use CAP(s) behind a RAP, but found this topic, https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/RAPs-and-CAPs-Provisioning-for-Branch-Office/m-p/307714. So that I can't use that choice. Another choice if looking IAP VC with VPN, the policy is separated.  Any ideas or better way, please share us.

Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: Branch solution with few access points
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 11:08 AM
    If you are using Airwave, you can configure IAPs and centralize your policies.

• 3.  RE: Branch solution with few access points

Posted Apr 24, 2018 10:15 AM

Thanks.

At HQ with Aruba 7005, if customer is planning to use  2 or 3 broadband aDSL links that are linked to perform load sharing, can IAP VC (with VPN) at remote site establish 2 or 3 public IP addresses from HQ? if yes, please advise.

• 4.  RE: Branch solution with few access points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 11:01 AM

Yes, because the controller uses the mac address of the IAP device to authorize VPN connections, not ip addresses:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/IAP_VPN/VPN_Config.htm#VPN

• 5.  RE: Branch solution with few access points

Posted Apr 24, 2018 10:02 PM

Thank for your promptly updating.

I've found at the IAP VC side, the VPN menu allows to add 2 public IP addresses(one is primary, the other is backup; see picture below). It seems like the IAP VC can choose the 1st one and select the 2nd if the 1st link fails.

Note: I also attached my customer requirement diagram.

diagram-Q.pngadd public IP.png