Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Bridge mode implementation

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Bridge mode implementation

Posted Sep 06, 2018 11:49 AM

Hi,

We have Aruba 7210 controller with AOS 6.5 with AP325.

All AP and SSID configured in tunnel mode for H.O.

Now we are planning to implement branch office wireless solution in bridge mode with same "SSID" and H.O. controller for authentication(redius and AD is located at H.O.).

From branch side default route is configured on switch and firewall towards H.O.

bridge mode.PNG

Need some info on below points.

1) What will be VLAN no. on WLC for branch office

2) Do i need to pass that VLAN on WLC and core switch trunk port

3) Can i use same data VLAN(vlan 150-for wired users) for wireless users and and AP ip

4) Do i need to configure route on WLC for branch network subnet

• 2.  RE: Bridge mode implementation
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 12:03 PM

@nik-mh wrote:

Hi,

We have Aruba 7210 controller with AOS 6.5 with AP325.

All AP and SSID configured in tunnel mode for H.O.

Now we are planning to implement branch office wireless solution in bridge mode with same "SSID" and H.O. controller for authentication(redius and AD is located at H.O.).

From branch side default route is configured on switch and firewall towards H.O.

bridge mode.PNG

Need some info on below points.

1) What will be VLAN no. on WLC for branch office

If the VLAN in the Virtual AP is 1, the client traffic will be bridged untagged to the same layer 2 VLAN as the access point.  If it is anything besides VLAN1, client traffic will be tagged with that VLAN on the same port as the access point.  That AP would have to be on a trunk with a switch that is passing that VLAN.

2) Do i need to pass that VLAN on WLC and core switch trunk port

No.  That VLAN would only need to be trunked to the access point.

3) Can i use same data VLAN(vlan 150-for wired users) for wireless users and and AP ip

You can do this by making the VLAN in the Virtual AP 1

4) Do i need to configure route on WLC for branch network subnet

No.

• 3.  RE: Bridge mode implementation

Posted Sep 06, 2018 12:23 PM

For H.O. tunnel network vlan 250 is used. At branch wired network we are using vlna 150 and same need to assign for wireless user so they can access branch resources.

I tried to configure vlan 150 on WLC but while assigning IP address of that vlan i lost WLC access from branch network.

• 4.  RE: Bridge mode implementation

Posted Oct 13, 2019 11:46 AM

Hi,

I have this same requirement, can i ask how to configure this? Thank you very much. 

WLC.jpg