Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Bug in the controller web interface?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Bug in the controller web interface?

Posted Jul 10, 2014 10:52 AM
      |   view attached

Hello everyone,

We have a 3400 controller running with ArubaOS Version 6.3.1.8, when I enter the "dashboard" and click on access-point it shows me all the statistics relating to a particular radio access point. When looking at the channel utilization notice that the parameter RX Time> Rx Frames (to me) he branded as "0", so the graphical interface. Upon entering the controller through the console command "show ap debug radio-stats ap-name <ap name> radio <0 or 1> there it shows these stats. Then would be a bug in this version or something else must enable the parent company? before we drove the version of ArubaOS 6.3.1.4 and had the same problem. Any tips?

Attached an image 
    Thank you

• 2.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 13, 2014 04:16 AM

Hi Rafap

It shouldn't be a bug as the stats in the dashboard for radios, frames etc. are sampled over 1 minute, hence if there is no traffic during that minute, the value will show as 0.  Check that you actually have a client associated to the ap and radio in question and generate some traffic and check the same statistic after 1 minute.

regards

-jeff

• 3.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

Posted Jul 14, 2014 10:41 AM

Hello, Jeff, thanks for the reply.

I took the test and as you instructed and still no traffic plotted in the GUI interface. As print below that are both GUI interface as CLI even at the same time and same AP.
    Thanks again
    Rafael

• 4.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2014 10:44 AM

Hi Rafap

if you are indeed associated to that AP and radio and waited more than a minute, then it's a bug as far as I can tell. I checked it again 6.3.1.7 and it seemed to work as I described. What version did you test with, what type of association (psk, open etc.) what model of AP, what webbrowser ?

regards

-jeff

• 5.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

Posted Jul 14, 2014 10:57 AM

-Jeff
    We are with ArubaOS 6.3.1.8 version before 6.3.1.4 and we were in this same behavior was noticed. The association of this radio is WPA2 but also noticed this same behavior with associations 802.1x and Open (captive portal). Our ap's are the model 125 and I use the Chrome browser version 35.0.1916.153. Also tested the Mozilla 30.0
    Thank you

• 6.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2014 10:59 AM

Hi Rafap

Certainly AP125 has a lower level of support for some of the newer spectrum type stuff, but I would not have expected that to cause a problem for this particular stat. I'll check it in next 1 hr and let you know what I see.

regards

-jeff

• 7.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

Posted Jul 14, 2014 11:02 AM

Thank you Jeff,

• 8.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2014 11:34 AM

Hi Rafap,

I can confirm the issue is reproducible on 11a and 11g radio on the AP125, but it is not on AP10x or newer, log a ticket with TAC and ask them to raise a bug - please make sure you mention AP125 + 6.3.1.x, also try it out on any other newer model of AP if you can.

regards

-jeff

• 9.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

Posted Jul 14, 2014 11:43 AM

Jeff-Thanks for the reply, I will do according to their orientation, opening a TAC along with Aruba. We currently have no another model for testing, we are buying access-points model 135 , but still keep our previous 125 models.

Thank you!

• 10.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

Posted Jul 14, 2014 01:34 PM

-Jeff

It really is a problem with the 125 model yet he would show the RX via CLI?

• 11.  RE: Bug in the controller web interface?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2014 09:22 PM

i agree that it's strange that it shows in the CLI, but it does seem to be ap125 specific, at least when i compared to an ap105 - at any rate, that is sufficient to raise up a TAC case.

regards

-jeff