Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

Posted Nov 17, 2011 12:54 AM

Okay i have found a few bugs hopefully i can help others and we can help each other naming them... so we dont expend a lot of time or waste time trying for things that we cannot do...

Okay ill start

1- On clock you cannot add  a ntp server through GUI you have to do it through CLI

2-When you try to put Make Port-Channel Trusted on any of the port channels im using in example im using port channel 5, i cannot do it through GUI i just can do it through cli
    2-When you trying to trunk vlans on the Port-Channel you cannot do it though GUI you just can do it trhough CLI
    3-Sometimes when you using the WLAN/LAN Wizard and you select RAdio TYPES ALL, it puts on RF Management on 802.11g radio profile on Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) Profile it puts A ONLY instead of ALL for some reason. this one had me like 2 hours trying to know what was the problem until i saw that value was incorrect input by the WLAN wizard... then it happened again on another client, but this time i knew that could be the issue so i fixed it right away.

Those are some i have found... lets keep them coming and hopefully someone of aruba can see them all

• 2.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

Posted Nov 17, 2011 05:54 AM

also "add license" from gui doesn't work, i've to use CLI command "license add"

• 3.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 07:37 AM

"add license" from the GUI does not work if you have spaces or if the key is incorrect.  Check the key and then repaste.

• 4.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

Posted Nov 17, 2011 07:39 AM

any known issues  with firefox?

i use cut&paste license key from licensing site and from web when i click add nothing happens.

(no error code)

• 5.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

Posted Nov 17, 2011 08:21 AM

Hello andrea Cjoseph is correct

i have been adding license recently and works fine...

I did had trouble one day and it was becasue when i was copy and pasting one space on the final of the string i had  i didnt see it but there it was the space and thats why i couldnt add it... try checking if you do not have an extra space

cjoseph ill try it ill post with the results for the bugs i posted....

Also i already opened a case for all that... the thing is that the engineer i got assigned its sick and has not yet come back? O_o haha

• 6.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 09:52 AM

If the engineer is sick, there are other people copied on the support email who back him up.  Reply to all so that it can continue to be worked on.  Thanks for opening a TAC case, because that is how we get problems solved.

• 7.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 09:53 AM

I agree that there should be an error code when the license key is invalid in the GUI.  We will raise an RFE (request for enhancement) for that.  If your key is not taken, it does not appear in the list of keys.

Just to check, paste your license key into notepad to make sure it is correct.

• 8.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:41 AM

Ha!....

I tried adding the vlan trhough the port channel and my internet explorer crashed... i tried like 3 times and crashed all the times...

Now im not able to get in though https neither through telnet... wth?

Reboot doesnt work

Tried another pc doesnt work...

i reach as i can ping it just fine...

lucky for me all this kind of crazyness always happen for my luck with the demo equipment and not in the client.. but i mean what this?

i just can get through console... and that is...

Any ideas?

It seems to be working fine(i mean the AP and the other stuff) but i cannot access it trhough gui neither through telnet... all happened after the 3rd crash after trying to add the vlan trhough the link aggregation(port channel) it was working fine before that...

• 9.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:55 AM

Nevermind i fixed it.. 

It seems it disconfigured the trusted value and thats why i couldnt get in... and it was configuring BEFORE trying to add the vlan...

Before trying to change it  i did a show run

i had this

interface port-channel 5
            trusted
            trusted vlan 1-4094
            switchport mode trunk
            switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,3-4
    !

Now after trying 3 times and my internet explorer crashing

it was like this

interface port-channel 5
            trusted vlan 1-4094
            switchport mode trunk
    !

Now i put it like it was

interface port-channel 5
            trusted
            trusted vlan 1-4094
            switchport mode trunk
    !

Works fine again...

Now i saw why it was not working for me...

When you will add it through GUI you always HAVE to selectt trusted checkbox even if it already configured..... no matter if it already configured you have to mark the checkbox otherwise it will turn in untrusted and it will craash...

They should fix this... i mean if its already configured why its not marked when you go to it??? like the normal ports? if they are configured as trusted then the checkbox is trusted on port channel no matter if its configured trusted or untrusted the checkbox is not there... and you always have to select it

Now the NTP server adding, i did like you told me before i already put the way you said it doesnt work

• 10.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 03:41 PM

Go to the commandline of your controller and type "show audit-trail".  That will show us what commands were entered for NTP.

Paste the output in here.  

With regards to the port channel, an unwritten rule about configuring network devices is that you never configure the interface of a device if that is what you are using to manage it.

• 11.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

Posted Nov 18, 2011 05:12 AM

you are right, i never notice that because in putty a space is not an issue :smileywink:

• 12.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2011 08:58 AM

The "no error on incorrect license in the GUI" has been fixed.  You should see it first in ArubaOS 6.2

• 13.  RE: Bugs found on 6.2.1.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 07:32 AM

6.1.2.4 is out and a number of bugs have been fixed there.  Please check the release notes

1.  Why can't you add the ntp server through the GUI?  You also need to enter the offset hour/minutes from GMT when you do.  What are your steps?  If that does not work, please open a TAC case.

2.  it is working for me.  Please open a TAC case

3.  Please open a TAC case.  TAC does not open bugs from this forum.

If you open a tac case, they can deal with your issue specifically and fix it.  Sometimes a problem is only specific to your setup, it needs to be replicated on your setup so that it can be fixed.