Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Bypass invalid SSL error to access web manager on 620 controller

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  Bypass invalid SSL error to access web manager on 620 controller

Posted Feb 17, 2017 12:30 PM

Hey,

Trying to reconfigure my company's Aruba 620 Controller, but I cannot access in via the web interface because of an invalid SSL error. Explorer and Chrome both flat-out refuse to allow me on, Edge gives me a button that claims to bypass the error but it doesn't do anything.

Read that it may be because we have out of date firmware (6.5), but no clue how to fix that without going into the system... which I cannot do.

Any ideas? I'd rather not have to take down the whole system and rebuild it, if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Bypass invalid SSL error to access web manager on 620 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 12:34 PM

What is the error in the browser?

What version of ArubaOS are you running?

• 3.  RE: Bypass invalid SSL error to access web manager on 620 controller
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 17, 2017 01:22 PM

I was able to circumvent it, thankfully.

Running 6.4. The error was an invalid SSL certificate, as said above.

For anyone who stumbles across this same issue, try to open the web manager in Chrome. When you reach the SSL error, click anywhere in the window and type 'badidea' with the ' '. It'll bypass the error and let you into the web manager.

• 4.  RE: Bypass invalid SSL error to access web manager on 620 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2017 11:39 AM

I didn't know about that 'badidea', good to know!

You hit very likely the 'revoked default certificate', for which more information is at http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Controllers/ta-p/275809

If you have access, upgrade the firmware and/or install your own certificate to really fix this.

Herman