Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

CLI - how to Pause?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  CLI - how to Pause?

Posted Mar 25, 2017 03:26 PM

When i run the Show IP command, the output is scrolled so I can see only the end of it (the mgmt interface data but not the mgmt one). 

I cannot use | more (pipe more) or output to a file becasue the CP CLI is not really a Linux shell. Anyway I can pause the output or funnel it into a file?

• 2.  RE: CLI - how to Pause?

• 3.  RE: CLI - how to Pause?

Posted Mar 25, 2017 04:31 PM

Thank you Joseph. Though I'm not sure it helps. Maybe I am missing something. I am asking about CPPM (Clearpass) CLI. The url's in the reply are about Aruba OS.  

• 4.  RE: CLI - how to Pause?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2017 05:49 PM

How did I not know that this was about ClearPass?

• 5.  RE: CLI - how to Pause?

Posted Mar 26, 2017 02:28 AM

Sorry for the confusion Colin. I mentioned it is about CP CLI in the question and also selected "Clearpass" as the keyword. Apperantly it was not enough. Will do better next time. 

So is there a way to pause the display or use something else to be able to see the full output of the Show IP command in Clearpass CLI?

• 6.  RE: CLI - how to Pause?
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 26, 2017 02:49 AM

Hey, the only method I know is to use Putty or similiar to access the CLI and then record the putty session as such to a text file then view offline.

https://www.viktorious.nl/2013/01/14/putty-log-all-session-output/

• 7.  RE: CLI - how to Pause?

Posted Mar 27, 2017 03:59 AM

Thanks Craig. Gr8 workaround! :)

• 8.  RE: CLI - how to Pause?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 04:19 AM

Glad to help! :D

• 9.  RE: CLI - how to Pause?

Posted 16 days ago

You can also use Shift + PageUp and Shift + PageDown keys to navigate through ClearPass CLI commands output.