Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM 500 Platform installation

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM 500 Platform installation

Posted Feb 01, 2014 05:02 PM

Hi, 

I will install CPPM 500 platrom to VM, but custumer wants me to intall it on 100GB memory instead of 500GB(minimum requiremtents in installation sheet) What will be the problems if I install it on 100GB, and why clearpass requires 500GB.   

Thank you,

Emre

ACMP

• 2.  RE: CPPM 500 Platform installation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2014 05:04 PM
    It is not a supported configuration and TAC will not support it.

• 3.  RE: CPPM 500 Platform installation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2014 05:08 PM

I have ran into this many times to the best way for a customer to under stand it is to put it in simple terms.

Everyone should lay it out up front to the customer that you should not OK them to use less than what is speced. They should have received the VM deployment guide and it has exactly what is needed. 

Would you drive your car around with half of the air in the tire. Yes it would work for awhile but when you really need it, its going to fail. 

• 4.  RE: CPPM 500 Platform installation

Posted Feb 02, 2014 05:37 AM

As your customer is on the VM platform you should not have an issue increasing the memory at a later stage. But do take note this may cause unwanted issues that is due to the memory.I will advise the customer not to install until the platform is ready.

• 5.  RE: CPPM 500 Platform installation
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2014 06:05 AM

I have installed a small number of these VMs and the resource utilization is usually quite high. Its not a good idea to install on a smaller machine and as someone has posted - not supported by TAC. Don't do it.

• 6.  RE: CPPM 500 Platform installation

Posted Feb 03, 2014 05:04 AM

Thank you all