Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 08:42 PM

When my cpsec is disabled mesh aps are working fine but when i enable cpsec none of them are working. 

whitelist database cpsec status is certified-factory-cert.

in the error log i am able to see this error message :- 

"Jan 21 17:57:51 <stm 399803> <3818> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_override_ap_radio_prof line 2985 error sapm_override_ap_radio_prof: from_ap_group AP 80:8d:b7:c7:a0:6e radio 0 using chan 149+ : ARM channel is invalid. "

• 2.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 08:55 PM

Are these mesh portals or mesh points with the problem?

What version of ArubaOS and when model access points are these?

• 3.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 02:54 PM

Some of them are mesh points and some of them are mesh portals.

Aruba 7005 - 6.5.4.15

AP-105,315,303H

• 4.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 03:07 PM

These are indoor APS?  Depending on the strength of the mesh connection, mesh APs might take longer to come up.  I would wait just a little longer or type "show log system 50" to see if there are any problems with those specific access points.

Beyond that, I would open a Technical Support case to get to the bottom of this:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

• 5.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 04:18 PM

Yes its indoor and here is the error which i have found :-

" Jan 21 17:57:51 <stm 399803> <3818> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_override_ap_radio_prof line 2985 error sapm_override_ap_radio_prof: from_ap_group AP 80:8d:b7:c7:a0:6e radio 0 using chan 149+ : ARM channel is invalid.
    Jan 21 17:57:51 <stm 399803> <3818> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_override_ap_radio_prof line 2985 error sapm_override_ap_radio_prof: from_ap_group AP 80:8d:b7:c7:a0:6e radio 0 using chan 149+ : ARM channel is invalid.
    Jan 21 17:57:51 <stm 399803> <3818> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_override_ap_radio_prof line 2985 error sapm_override_ap_radio_prof: from_ap_group AP 80:8d:b7:c7:a0:6e radio 0 using chan 149+ : ARM channel is invalid. "

One more thing if it is coming up in cpsec disabled why it is not coming up with cpsec enabled ? CPSEC doesn't have anything related to dirty config ?

• 6.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 04:25 PM

@joxor wrote:

Yes its indoor and here is the error which i have found :-

" Jan 21 17:57:51 <stm 399803> <3818> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_override_ap_radio_prof line 2985 error sapm_override_ap_radio_prof: from_ap_group AP 80:8d:b7:c7:a0:6e radio 0 using chan 149+ : ARM channel is invalid.
    Jan 21 17:57:51 <stm 399803> <3818> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_override_ap_radio_prof line 2985 error sapm_override_ap_radio_prof: from_ap_group AP 80:8d:b7:c7:a0:6e radio 0 using chan 149+ : ARM channel is invalid.
    Jan 21 17:57:51 <stm 399803> <3818> <ERRS> |stm| An internal system error has occurred at file sapm_ap_mgmt.c function sapm_override_ap_radio_prof line 2985 error sapm_override_ap_radio_prof: from_ap_group AP 80:8d:b7:c7:a0:6e radio 0 using chan 149+ : ARM channel is invalid. "

One more thing if it is coming up in cpsec disabled why it is not coming up with cpsec enabled ? CPSEC doesn't have anything related to dirty config ?

I have no idea why.  I would open up a Technical Support Case.

• 7.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 11:49 PM

Check to make sure auto-cert provision is enabled. If not you would have to whitelist the APs before they would be allowed to come up. If the mesh APs have never been cert provisioned, they will come up, pull the cert, reload, and come up again so it WILL take some time, but auto-cert provision should be enabled, or you will need to find those APs and allow them in the whitelist.

As Colin notes though, TAC would be a good next step, we don't do much with 6.4 in the field anymore so I don't know if there's some latent issues. But generally it's not usually an issue.

• 8.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2020 11:38 AM

I have checked the cpsec and aut-cert is allowed also i manually factory-certified-cert the APs.

• 9.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2020 06:11 PM

nly other thing I can think of is if you are on old code and new APs come out with a new OUI we are not aware of, that can happen as well. 

Command to add new OUI, where you add the first six digits of the OUI. 

configure terminal

valid-network-oui-profile

oui e8:26:89 end

You could try that on one of the AP's OUI that is showing D. Outside of that, I don't know.

• 10.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

Posted Jan 28, 2020 08:34 PM

joxor, 

The company I work for had a similar issue, for us our APs would broadcast but would randomly fallout. We consoled into one of them and TAC notice that the issue was with CPSEC and that it was somehow braking the tunnel communication. To make the long story short, they had us disable CPSEC and the issues stopped. 

• 11.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2020 01:26 AM

TAC is the correct answer in this situation.  It is possible that the OP is experiencing your situation or a different one.  Thank you for relaying your experience with this.

• 12.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2020 07:28 PM

Thank you all for your response. 

Let me do it in this weekend and will let you know with an update.

• 13.  RE: CPSEC enabled MESH APs are showing ID flag
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2020 07:48 PM

After adding valid oui profile I flag got removed, then i checked the datapath session table and the packet was going to wrong master ip so changed the lms ip and the issue got resolve.

Thanks every one for troubleshooting.