Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:00 AM

I wnat to integrate Aruba Controller with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS and I need to know how to do that and is it applicable?

• 2.  RE: Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:05 AM

Are you trying to use RADIUS server running on OS X or just use Open Directory as an identity store?

• 3.  RE: Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:19 AM

MAC OSX Server have a dicrectory called open directory something like Active directory in windows one of our customers was asking if we can intergate with this system as Cisco faild to do that and he was asking if aruba can do it on controller ?

• 4.  RE: Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:22 AM

Just like Active Directory and OpenLDAP, you can do it without a RADIUS server, but you will need to install an EAP-GTC supplicant on clients that don't support the EAP method (most don't support it natively).

If you want to do basic username/password authentication natively on almost all 802.1X-capable clients, you need to setup a RADIUS server.

These are not vendor limitations, they are client implementation and standard limitations.

• 5.  RE: Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:27 AM

the main setup will be to use 802.1x to authentciate user,so can we do it ?

• 6.  RE: Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:29 AM

Like I said, if you want to do this without a RADIUS server, you will need to install an EAP-GTC supplicant on all devices that do not support it natively.

If you don't want to do that, you will need to stand up a RADIUS server.

• 7.  RE: Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:41 AM

So we can do that with Clearpass act as an authetication server right?

• 8.  RE: Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:43 AM
    Yes, ClearPass is a RADIUS server. You would use Open Directory as an LDAP
    authentication source.

• 9.  RE: Can Aruba Controller Integrate with Open Directory 10.6 RADIUS by MACOS?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 03:39 PM

Dear Tim,

Can you give me and example of EAP-GTC supplicant that I will need to install on Client MAC OS in case of using Controller without RADIUS Server and Thank you