Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Can Aruba Controller able to kick-off Wireless User at a scheduled time of the day?

Hi,

I would like to ask when will be the ArubaOS 6.3 be release as we are looking into this version to address our client's requirement.

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Can Aruba Controller able to kick-off Wireless User at a scheduled time of the day?

What is the customer's requirement? It is already released.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted

6.3.1 is currently available. You can find it under Early Deployment.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

Highlighted

My customer's requirement is to increase the user idle timeout as to around 16 hrs because they only need their users to login once per day and we will kickout all users every 12am using the Cat Tools script. That is what they want to achieve. I dont know if you encounter this kind of customer requirement.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Using the user idle timeout under the Captive Portal Profile in 6.3 is the best way to do this. Yes.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted

Is there any concern if I upgrade to 6.3.1 from my current firmware which is 6.1.3.6?

Highlighted

I have trouble in downloading the ArubaOS 6.3.1. Is there any link that we can download directly. My client has trouble in registering their account in aruba support site.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

There are considerations when upgrading from 6.1.3.6 to 6.3.1.0 and they are in the release notes (attached).

Unfortunately, the support site is the only way to get software.  If your client is having problems a TAC case should be opened to resolve it...

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for