Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I change the Captive Portal cert without disconnecting users?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I change the Captive Portal cert without disconnecting users?

Posted Sep 20, 2016 01:38 PM

Hi folks,

I have a w-3400 controller that recently, for some reason, started using the default cert for the captive portal, instead of the legit one that I've uploaded.  I would like to switch back to the real cert, but I'm unable to tell if it will cause any interruption.  I have hundreds of users connected through the day, so wouldn't want to make any changes that would potentially boot them.   Can anyone confirm that this is a safe change to make while users are connected?  If not, I'll just wait till after hours, but ideally it could be done earlier, since the guest network is currently broken.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Can I change the Captive Portal cert without disconnecting users?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 01:41 PM

It restarts the web server, which has nothing to do with users that are already authenticated.  It could delay you logging into the management page which is SSL, however.  Just to be safe, I would do it after hours, so that you can ensure that new users can see and use the new certificate.

• 3.  RE: Can I change the Captive Portal cert without disconnecting users?

Posted Sep 20, 2016 03:50 PM

That worked, with no interruption.

Thanks!