Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I connect AP 225 in management port of 7240 controller. Whether it will get associated?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I connect AP 225 in management port of 7240 controller. Whether it will get associated?

Posted Jan 21, 2015 08:42 PM

Can I connect AP 225 in management port of 7240 controller. Whether it will get associated?

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Can I connect AP 225 in management port of 7240 controller. Whether it will get associated?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2015 08:43 PM

The 7200 series controllers do not have management ports and if they did, you could not plug an AP into them as they are for out of band management only.

If you are referring to older versions of the 7200 that have ports 0 or 1 marked as management ports, those are normal switchports and an AP can be plugged into them as long as they have power and you have a DHCP scope configured in the controller to serve the AP an IP address.

• 3.  RE: Can I connect AP 225 in management port of 7240 controller. Whether it will get associated?

Posted Jan 21, 2015 09:02 PM

we are having two controllers in HA setup using VRRP.

The AP's are unable to associate with actual master controller. controller was unable to ping the AP's.Hence thought of connecting the AP directly to WLC for troubleshooting. But the network ports in controller was 10gig sfp and i was not having the gig converter.

Whereas when we changed the Vrrp master role to second controller , AP's were able to join in second controller.and we were able to ping the AP's from second controller. But from first controller we are unable to ping AP's.

The controller got ap count , rfprotect, PEF licenses.

could you please tell me commads to be verified for association problem.

• 4.  RE: Can I connect AP 225 in management port of 7240 controller. Whether it will get associated?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2015 09:23 PM

Is this a master-local environment or a master/master-backup?

Can you post the output of

show switches

• 5.  RE: Can I connect AP 225 in management port of 7240 controller. Whether it will get associated?

Posted Jan 21, 2015 09:28 PM

Thanks for the reply Mr.Tim Cappalli.

It  is a master/backup master scenaria , where AP's register directly to masters . I will be sharing the outputs once I reach the office.