Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I create a cluster using a different interface than the primary controller IP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I create a cluster using a different interface than the primary controller IP

Posted Jan 01, 2020 04:01 PM

Here it the scenario I am trying to work through.

AOS 8.5.0.4

Redundant Mobility Masters

Redundant controllers in a Datacenter(DC)

Controller IP address is in the internal VLAN

There is an additional interface connecting to a DMZ

The redundant DC controllers are intended as an AP failover for sites with a single controller as well as RAP connectivity. When attempting to create a cluster I am only able to specify the controller IP and not my DMZ interface IP. Inside the cluster configuration is where the NAT mapping is done from controller IP to public RAP IP. Due to security rules we can not NAT to the internal IP of the controller to the public IP. The NAT will only be allowed to the DMZ interface. Is there any way to get around this, either by creating the cluster using the DMZ intereface, or mapping the NAT IP to the DMZ interface some how? My backup option is to not cluster these two controllers. If that is my only option, what would that configuration look like. Anyone have info on how to configure that properly?

• 2.  RE: Can I create a cluster using a different interface than the primary controller IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 01, 2020 04:43 PM

Then, don't create a cluster.  Just have an individual controller.

• 3.  RE: Can I create a cluster using a different interface than the primary controller IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 01, 2020 08:57 PM
    To answer your question, you cannot use a different interface. I hope