Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I have RF high availability in my voice WIFI Network design and how to do it ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I have RF high availability in my voice WIFI Network design and how to do it ?

Posted Dec 31, 2014 11:46 AM

I'm Desining RF and my Customer Asked me that he want the WLAN to high available on RF side and we will apply cisco handsets now on normal design the number of access points was around 200 AP now the average number for the RF HA would be around 330 but I know that arm will reduece the Power how to do it in right way?

• 2.  RE: Can I have RF high availability in my voice WIFI Network design and how to do it ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 31, 2014 11:59 AM

There are many considerations, all unique to each location.

Have you considered working with an Aruba partner?

• 3.  RE: Can I have RF high availability in my voice WIFI Network design and how to do it ?

Posted Dec 31, 2014 12:19 PM

we already working with one,and they said it will work but as I know I can see that ARm will reduce the power and we may have a lot of collisions regarding the many APs that are near to each other

• 4.  RE: Can I have RF high availability in my voice WIFI Network design and how to do it ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 31, 2014 12:21 PM

Generally speaking, 50-60 feet between APs for a dense 5 GHz, voice-grade deployment.

You would then tone back the max power in the arm configuration.

Take a look at the guide below. It was written for Lync, but most of the wireless design tips and discussion is targeted to any voice environment.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Lync-Over-Aruba-WiFi/ta-p/199813