Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I install a third party certificate when clients are authenticated via Captive Portal or 8021X?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Can I install a third party certificate when clients are authenticated via Captive Portal or 8021X?

Posted Jan 09, 2015 11:04 AM

I'm trying to install a 3rd party (Palo Alto Firewall SSL decryption) self signed certificate on all the client machines that connect to our Aruba network. 

I know you can have connection policies require a certificate to be installed to authenticate via 8021X like we currently do, but can you tack on additional certificates for other purposes?

No, we do not have ClearPass. Group Policy is also not an option for this case due to all our student machines not being on the domain. 

• 2.  RE: Can I install a third party certificate when clients are authenticated via Captive Portal or 8021X?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2015 11:07 AM
    You could put a link on the captive portal to download the certificate.

If you have ClearPass, Onboard would be able to install it as part of the
    process.

• 3.  RE: Can I install a third party certificate when clients are authenticated via Captive Portal or 8021X?

Posted Jan 09, 2015 11:08 AM

Link on the Captive Portal page works, though not seamless. 

What about our 8021X clients? Any option for them to get the certificate installed during the authentication process?

• 4.  RE: Can I install a third party certificate when clients are authenticated via Captive Portal or 8021X?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2015 11:09 AM
    No. Your only option for that would be to redirect them to a captive portal
    or use the Onboard process in ClearPass.