Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.

Posted Feb 11, 2014 05:31 PM

The AP gets a dhcp address but  doesn't setup a tunnel or function as an AP. Do I need a different model?

• 2.  RE: Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2014 06:05 PM

Have you set the port up to tunnel back to the controller, and with a vlan that is on the controller?

It won't matter what model, the AP125 is fine.

• 3.  RE: Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.

Posted Feb 11, 2014 06:21 PM

The vlan for the AP is on the controller and the AP gets a dhcp address and initially goes to the controller. Trying to configure it doesn't work. I'll repeat the setup and open a case if it fails again. Thank you. - Jim

• 4.  RE: Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.

Posted Feb 11, 2014 06:49 PM

I tried this before and it was very inconsistent , the AP keeps rebooting over and over.

• 5.  RE: Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2014 06:51 PM

I removed the RAP-109 and put an AP-125 with the same configuration and it worked just fine. I didn't know if the RAP-109 is up to the job or not. Thanks for the info.

• 6.  RE: Can I put an AP-125 behnd a RAP-109 when the RAP is not running any wireless.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2014 06:25 PM

Having an AP behing an RAP is not a recommended Aruba deployment since you may experience issues because you are creating a GRE Tunnel (AP) through a RAP (GRE/IPSEC)

You should probably try making the AP125 a RemoteAP

Through the console you could do it:

setenv remote_ap=1

save

boot