Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2016 02:48 AM

Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

For my home setup (private test use) i want to rebrand my OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the buildin 8 LIC-AP.

Can this be done?

Cheers

• 2.  RE: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2016 08:31 AM

Is the unit originally an Aruba unit that you somehow converted to Alcatel or is it actually an Alcatel unit? It's my understanding that they do not convert.

• 3.  RE: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2016 01:35 PM
    It is original Alcatel

• 4.  RE: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2016 02:38 PM

If you had the license before you first converted it, you should be able to paste that license in after you convert it back.  It typically does not erase the license, but there is no guarantee that it would not sometime in the future.   "Converting" is not supported by TAC, but you probably know that already.

• 5.  RE: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2016 02:45 PM
    Hi all, the controller is still original and is Alcatel OAW4306G with a license (called PoE port or something like that) it comes with built in 8 ap lic.

I want to convert it to Aruba and use Aruba licenses.

Rebrand should better be called convert. Sorry for that.

• 6.  RE: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2016 03:00 PM
    When I have done it in the distant past, the licenses were still there. There is nothing that says something has not been put in to stop converting a controller.

• 7.  RE: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2016 05:48 PM

Thanks Colin,

Sorry for the late reply.

The 650 (Alcatel) is running with Aruba OS with the build in licenses.

It is even setup as master with a original Aruba 3200XM with central licenses.

• 8.  RE: Can i 'rebrand' a Alcatel OAW-4306G back to Aruba without losing the 8 AP lic build in the OAW?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2016 03:15 PM
    Is it as simple as loading the Aruba firmware? And if converting it loses licenses can it be loaded with Aruba licenses?