Wireless Access

Contributor II

Re: Can not connect AP-275 to controller 7010

Thanks for your help, Joseph.

There is no entry in the table when i use "show ap database long". But i use another AP-135 for test and i see that the AP-135 can get the IP add 172.16.0.3 .WP_000438.jpgWP_000436.jpgWP_000437.jpg

Guru Elite

Can you try the reset procedure:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=16345

The reset button can be used to return the AP to factory default settings. To reset the AP:

1. Power off the AP.

2. Press and hold the reset button using a small, narrow object, such as a paperclip.

3. Power-on the AP without releasing the reset button. The system LED will flash within 5 seconds.

4. Release the reset button.

The system LED will flash again within 15 seconds indicating that the reset is completed. The AP will now continue to boot with the factory default settings.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

Honestly, the cable for the access point should have a light at the controller.  I would switch the cable and see if the light appears.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Contributor II

Thanks for your help, Joseph. Follow your advices, It worked, but i still have some questions.

1.You were right about the cable. But my yellow cable still works with other device, it's a straight cable with only used 1-2-3-6 pins. Is that the problem for connecting AP to controller?

2.As you can see in the inserted picture, I used the 650 serries controller with 8 licenses and 7010 controller with 1 license for AP.  Did i miss any things?

Duc Nguyen.WP_000441.jpgCapture_1.PNGCapture_2.PNG

Guru Elite

1.  The Cable to the AP requires 4 pairs or all 8 to work correctly.

2.  Type "show ap database" to see if your problem is with licensing.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: