Wireless Access

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted

Can't Disable Port Monitor (AOS 8)

On our VMM, I navigated to the MD and setup a port monitor for a port-channel we have (Po0) on port Gi0/0/0 successfully and captured all traffic I needed.

I went back into the VMM and navigated back to the same MD and issued the "no port monitor port-channel" command on Gi0/0/0 and it tells me Illegal Operation - port-channel is not being monitored. When i do mdconnect into the MD and run "show port monitor" it is there. 

Tried going back into VMM and navigated to same MD again and tried shutting the port, but it says I can't modify a monitor port. 

Not really sure what to do at this point - it's like the VMM doesn't know about the port monitor, so I can't disable it, but the MD won't let me remove it locally because it's managed by the VMM. Sort of stuck, any suggestions? 

Michael Haring
If my answer is helpful, a Kudos is always appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can't Disable Port Monitor (AOS 8)

Confirmed by working with TAC - this is a known bug that is corrected in a few different code versions.

From TAC: "I checked and found an issue reported with engineering ticket AOS-196528. The issue which you are facing is same mentioned in that bug and it is resolved in 8.5.0.7, 8.6.0.3 and 8.7 codes."

Michael Haring

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Tested add/removing the command and no issues in version 8.6.0.5

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Highlighted

We are on 8.5.0.5 but planning upgrade to 8.6.0.5 soon, hopeful it will fix
it. Thanks for the info!

---
Michael Haring

Michael Haring
Highlighted

Confirmed by working with TAC - this is a known bug that is corrected in a few different code versions.

From TAC: "I checked and found an issue reported with engineering ticket AOS-196528. The issue which you are facing is same mentioned in that bug and it is resolved in 8.5.0.7, 8.6.0.3 and 8.7 codes."

Michael Haring

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: