Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't Disable Port Monitor (AOS 8)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't Disable Port Monitor (AOS 8)

MVP
    Posted Aug 26, 2020 01:14 PM

On our VMM, I navigated to the MD and setup a port monitor for a port-channel we have (Po0) on port Gi0/0/0 successfully and captured all traffic I needed.

I went back into the VMM and navigated back to the same MD and issued the "no port monitor port-channel" command on Gi0/0/0 and it tells me Illegal Operation - port-channel is not being monitored. When i do mdconnect into the MD and run "show port monitor" it is there. 

Tried going back into VMM and navigated to same MD again and tried shutting the port, but it says I can't modify a monitor port. 

Not really sure what to do at this point - it's like the VMM doesn't know about the port monitor, so I can't disable it, but the MD won't let me remove it locally because it's managed by the VMM. Sort of stuck, any suggestions? 

• 2.  RE: Can't Disable Port Monitor (AOS 8)

Posted Aug 26, 2020 02:14 PM
    Tested add/removing the command and no issues in version 8.6.0.5

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: Can't Disable Port Monitor (AOS 8)

MVP
    Posted Aug 26, 2020 02:35 PM
    We are on 8.5.0.5 but planning upgrade to 8.6.0.5 soon, hopeful it will fix
    it. Thanks for the info!

---
    Michael Haring

• 4.  RE: Can't Disable Port Monitor (AOS 8)
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Aug 26, 2020 06:56 PM

Confirmed by working with TAC - this is a known bug that is corrected in a few different code versions.

From TAC: "I checked and found an issue reported with engineering ticket AOS-196528. The issue which you are facing is same mentioned in that bug and it is resolved in 8.5.0.7, 8.6.0.3 and 8.7 codes."