Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't access XM-3200

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 27, 2014 11:25 PM

I have an Aruba 3200-XM. I believe I have shut down the interfaces/ports on the controller as I was messing around with the config. On the web interface, I remember clicking the 4 ports and turning them to a yellow shade rather than the original white shade and now I am not able to access the web GUI any more. On the serial port, I am still able to see all the configs are the same as before.

Anyone know where I can "unclick" what I had clicked so that I can access the ports again? I would hve to enable the ports via command line so I can get into the management interface. 

Thanks in advance, 

Alvin

• 2.  RE: Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 27, 2014 11:58 PM

if you didnt' save the configuration you should be able to simply reboot the controller and it should return to how it was.

Otherwise you may have added the interfaces into a port channel group.

you can go into the port channels and delete the ports from it but you may need to reset the switch port configurations.

scott

• 3.  RE: Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 28, 2014 12:00 AM

Without knowing exactly what you enabled/disabled, I would recommend you console into the controller and run show audit-trail 50 which will show you the last 50 configuration changes (modify the number you want to see as necessary).   Go through this to see what was set; then "reverse" the commands.    The exact syntax will depend on what was changed.

If you don't see a write memory command in there, you can just reboot the controller and revert to the way it was.

• 4.  RE: Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 28, 2014 12:32 AM

Looks like when I hit apply  the controller rebooted as I only see two lines in the audit trail. Just from me logging in via serial. I have attached 2 images of the port status/interface config and it seems to be correct. The one thing is there might not be a default gateway set so we are not able to get to it. 

I am trying to ping 198.19.26.200 from a macine on the 19.26.x network and I am not able to. I want it to gateway out on 19.26.1 so I can reach other machines on that subnet. 

On the interface config I only see an IP and a subnet mask. Is this correct?

• 5.  RE: Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 28, 2014 12:37 AM

Check your default gateway:

show ip route

show running-config | include "ip default-gateway"

Also, to give us more information:

show ip interface brief

show vlan

show trunk

• 6.  RE: Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 28, 2014 01:21 AM

Yes, after the reboot the device config didn't save ffor some reason so it got put back onto its old IP address/subnet/gateway/ etc. (since I moved it to a new lab and new IP). I changed the config back to my new IP setup and now I am able to access. 

How can I ensure the new IPs are all saved so that a reboot will reboot to the new IPs instead? 

• 7.  RE: Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 28, 2014 05:59 AM

CLI: copy run start

GUI: Save Configuration button

• 8.  RE: Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 28, 2014 07:06 AM

If you don't issue the write memory command (from CLI) or press the Save Configuration button (WebUI; shows when on the Configuration tab) your changes will be lost on next reboot.  Making changes through WebUI or CLI changes it in the running configuration.  By issuing one of the above "save" methods, it writes the changes to the config file on flash.

• 9.  RE: Can't access XM-3200

Posted Mar 28, 2014 12:26 PM

Ah thanks for all your help. Problem resolved!