Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't access virtual controller

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Can't access virtual controller

Posted Aug 02, 2013 11:20 AM

We currently have a meshed network of IAP-105 access points (8-10 total) and after having some network expansion related maintenance (with the addition of additional AP's).  I am unable to reach the virtual controller.  I can get to the "admin" portal by entering in the IP address of an AP along with the 4343 port, but I do not see any information other than the main screen.  I am unable to provide any sort of firmware version or enter any commands since I don't have physical "access" to the older devices other than rebooting the switch ports they are connected to.  

The two AP's that we also just recently deployed do not appear to be passing internet traffic but the two wireless notification LED's on the AP's themselves are showing amber.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Can't access virtual controller

Posted Aug 07, 2013 04:41 AM

@bryanc1 wrote:

I am unable to reach the virtual controller.  I can get to the "admin" portal by entering in the IP address of an AP along with the 4343 port, but I do not see any information other than the main screen.

could you post a screenshot to clarify what exactly you see (or dont see)?

might be worth to try another browser / browser version.

• 3.  RE: Can't access virtual controller

Posted Nov 15, 2013 12:35 PM

There isn't really much to see.  I try to access the virtual controller's IP address and get no response.  I'm unable to ping to it as well.  I was able to bounce the AP's to shake the virtual controller's location to another AP that I could get to, before.  It's not working like it did previously.  I can ssh into some of the AP's from time to time, but not all of them.  I do see a "master" ip address that makes me wonder if this is the location where the virtual controller is being housed at, at that moment.