Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

Posted Jun 23, 2014 10:40 AM

Dears I can't ping the Master standby IP whil I can ping VRRP and it is working

• 2.  RE: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:07 PM

could you explain a little more about the configuration? perhaps post the different VRRP and IP configs?

all in same subnet?

i dont recall that certain things don't work anymore once you have the ipsec tunnel between controllers. it probably works but the traffic goes in a different direction. in principle it isn't that bad as long as your tunnels are up.

• 3.  RE: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

Posted Jun 23, 2014 07:30 PM

I solved it

• 4.  RE: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 08:04 PM

Do you mind telling us the solution?

• 5.  RE: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2014 04:35 AM

I was using one of iterface in local that is not the Controller IP

• 6.  RE: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

Posted May 19, 2015 03:42 AM

From the local controller, I tried pinging Loopback IP of the standby controller, it was not working....

From the local controller, I tried pinging Interface IP of the standby controller, it was working....

From the standby master controller, I tried pinging Interface IP of the local controller, it was not working....

From the standby master controller, I tried pinging Loopback IP of the local controller, it was working....

Anyone knows what is the difference and why is it behaving this way? ____

What would be the command(s) to troubleshoot the issue?

• 7.  RE: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2015 01:36 AM

Michael

it is likely due to the fact the IPsec tunnel is not up, meaning that there is a route-map on controller1 that has the loopback ip of controller2 down the ipsec tunnel, but since the tunnel is not up/broken/other it is just a sink. Causes include (ab)using nat-inside on vlan1, dupe ips, ipsec issues etc.

regards

-jeff

• 8.  RE: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

Posted May 28, 2015 08:16 AM

meaning to say, if local is unable to ping to master-standby, it is due to the "sink" characteristics of the master-standby IP address, right? ____

• 9.  RE: Can't ping Master standby-while after it became stand by is it normal?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2015 08:22 AM

@msaw wrote:

meaning to say, if local is unable to ping to master-standby, it is due to the "sink" characteristics of the master-standby IP address, right? ____

more to the point, it's due to the fact there is a problem with the ipsec tunnel - be it master/local or master/master-redundant

regards

-jeff