Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't ping master's loopback address

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't ping master's loopback address

Posted Apr 16, 2012 04:21 PM

I've setup a new master with 6.1.3.0 and a local with the same code as well.  Both have a mgmt vlan ip as well as a loopback address all in the same subnet.  For some reason from the local I can ping the mgmt IP of the master, but I cannot ping the loopback ip of the master.  From the master I can ping both the mgmt vlan and loopback of the local controller.  

I've checked everything, nothing is being denied.  Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Can't ping master's loopback address

Posted Apr 16, 2012 04:24 PM

Maybe a duplicate IP for the masters loopback?  Check the ARP table on the local and make sure the entry for the masters loopback matches the MAC on the master.

• 3.  RE: Can't ping master's loopback address

Posted Apr 16, 2012 04:41 PM

No duplicate, ARP table shows mac the same for both mgmt and loopback for both controllers.

Only difference that I see is on the local Show IP Route shows the following for the master's loopback

is an ipsec map default-local-master-ipsecmap

• 4.  RE: Can't ping master's loopback address

Posted Apr 16, 2012 04:56 PM

Is the master/local tunnel up and running?  Check "show switches" from both the master and the local.  Also, check "show crypto ipsec sa" on both and see if you have an IPSec tunnel on both controllers.

• 5.  RE: Can't ping master's loopback address

Posted Apr 16, 2012 05:20 PM

show switches on local: master unreachable

show switches on master: local controller not listed

sho crypto ipsec sa on both: No active IPSEC SA

• 6.  RE: Can't ping master's loopback address
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 05:32 PM

Found the solution, I was missing the IPSEC key on the master.