Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

Posted Apr 16, 2012 09:14 AM

Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule.

Otherwise where else can we apply vlan pool except under vap profile.

My requirement is i have one ssid called voice,  IP phones and Vocera devices will be connecting to it.

each of them has multiple subnets/vlans , So planned to use vlan pooling, but vlan pools and not seem to be supported under 

user roles nor under user_derivation rules  how do we acheive this scenario.

• 2.  RE: Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

Posted Apr 16, 2012 09:57 AM

As of today, VLAN pools cannot be used under user roles.  That feature will be available in a future version of code due out later this year.

• 3.  RE: Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

Posted Apr 16, 2012 10:07 AM

Is there any alternative solutions you can think of in my scenario as of now ?

• 4.  RE: Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

Posted Apr 16, 2012 10:28 AM

Not that I know of.  If you can consolidate the subnets into a larger supernet, then you can place all the voice devices into a single VLAN.  The only way I would recommend that solution, however, is if you are able to turn off broadcast/multicast on that VLAN.

• 5.  RE: Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2012 04:54 AM

@olino wrote:

As of today, VLAN pools cannot be used under user roles.  That feature will be available in a future version of code due out later this year.

We've had a few people contact us about this, and I wanted to make sure there's no confusion.  Dates for future releases are subject to change all the time depending on business requirements, phases of the moon, etc.  I can confirm that yes, this feature will be available in a future version of code.  But the release date is not something that is confirmed at this point.

-Jon

• 6.  RE: Can we add vlan pool under user_role , or under user derivation rule. ?

Posted May 23, 2013 11:50 AM

Jon,

I too can use this feature (ability to assign user roles to VLAN pools) as that will make life a lot easier as well as add flexibility in the product. Any updates and a tentative release yet?

Thanks,

John