Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you create a cluster of 2 7030controllers without a mobility master?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Can you create a cluster of 2 7030controllers without a mobility master?

Posted Feb 19, 2019 01:24 PM

• 2.  RE: Can you create a cluster of 2 7030controllers without a mobility master?

Posted Feb 19, 2019 01:48 PM
    No

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: Can you create a cluster of 2 7030controllers without a mobility master?

Posted Feb 20, 2019 02:38 AM

i made a cluster with vrrp..

aruba cluster.JPG

how can i add controllers to managed networks? when i try to do that it gives an error that the controller is already in use..

• 4.  RE: Can you create a cluster of 2 7030controllers without a mobility master?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2019 02:49 AM

The Clustering feature requires Mobility Master. Please see the Fundamentals Guide for ArubaOS 8 which mentions in the Standalone Controller section that it may not be part of a cluster and states again in the Clustering chapter that "clustering captilizes on the MM architecture".

It looks like you have enabled VRRP between two controllers. This is not the same as clustering.

• 5.  RE: Can you create a cluster of 2 7030controllers without a mobility master?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 21, 2019 07:17 PM

Thats not what we call a cluster, this is a master-standby configuration, it isnt active-active like a cluster.