Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted Feb 08, 2019 08:51 PM

Looking to upgrade from 8.3.0.4 to 8.4.0.0 in my POC but I am stuck with the cluster upgrade tool not being able to copy the file via TFTP or FTP from known working TFTP and FTP servers. I have tried '.' and '/' in the image path with no success. Please help I would prefer to do it this way vs manually upgrading each individually. I do not see the MD even trying to hit the server.

Thanks,

Chris

1.png

2.jpg

3.png

• 2.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2019 08:55 PM

You should see if traffic is blocked between your controller and the FTP server.  You can also try upgrading one of the controllers via FTP (don't do tftp) to ensure that there is nothing blocking traffic.

• 3.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted Feb 08, 2019 09:00 PM

Certainly the traffic isnt blocked I can see the banner from one of the MCs when trying from its CLI to the server. At a loss. :| Is there any logging on the MCs when this is tried so I can see what is happening?

4.png

• 4.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted Feb 08, 2019 09:19 PM
      |   view attached

I was able to succesfully copy it up via FTP to one MC by going to it directly.

5.png

• 5.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2019 09:20 PM

I would run a copy from ftp to the controller (without a reboot) on the commandline.

EDIT:  Did you accidentally put in the wrong ip address for the server at one time?  You should cancel the cluster upgrade on the commandline  of the MM to ensure that the old information is flushed out:

lc-cluster <cluster_name> abort upgrade

• 6.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted Feb 08, 2019 09:27 PM

My only concern with doing this is losing the hitless AP upgrade. :\

Thanks,

Chris

• 7.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2019 09:38 PM

You can attempt to cancel the upgrade on the MM using the command above to ensure that no incorrect parameters were typed in before, and try again.

• 8.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted Feb 08, 2019 09:41 PM

It does eventualy give up and errors out. Let me try the lc-cluster <cluster_name> abort upgrade command.

-CC

• 9.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted Feb 08, 2019 09:52 PM

When I try the command I receive upgrade not in progress. I am pretty sure there were no incorrect settings originally when started the first time.

6.png

Thanks,

Chris

• 10.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2019 02:06 AM

You should open a TAC case, then.

• 11.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2019 04:53 AM

After the failure, SSH into the MD and type:

show log system 50

show log error 50

...to see if there are any clues...

• 12.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted May 09, 2019 07:53 AM

I have the same problem too but I'm using 8.4.0.0. The standalone VMC that I use can be upgraded directly and same with each mobility device. 

The only thing that isn't working is a whole cluster upgrade... I have made a TAC case on a different problem but will tell them about this right after we're done. 

• 13.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted May 15, 2019 11:17 AM

I have the same issue in an environment with the following FW levels:

Virtual MM at 8.4.0.2

Pair of clustered MC currently running 8.4.0.1

When I try to initiate the cluster update I receive an "Image Copy Failed" error after a few seconds. This is using a known good TFTP server (used to directly update Controllers previously via TFTP) with firewall appliance logs indicating that there is no TFTP session even being intiated from the MM/MC end of things.

Any update would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason.

• 14.  RE: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Posted May 28, 2019 04:06 AM

Hello,

If you didn't find the solution, I faced the same issue and found that the Cluster upgrade profile still uses an old IP for the TFTP/FTP server (IP used for the last upgrade).

=> You can check this in : Managed Network node hierarchy (on the Cluster node), Configuration > System > Profiles. Under All Profiles, select Controller Profile > Upgrade.

For my upgrade, I reuse the old IP but probably you can clear it (and the method) to be able to use the new settings.