Wireless Access

Contributor I

Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

Looking to upgrade from 8.3.0.4 to 8.4.0.0 in my POC but I am stuck with the cluster upgrade tool not being able to copy the file via TFTP or FTP from known working TFTP and FTP servers. I have tried '.' and '/' in the image path with no success. Please help I would prefer to do it this way vs manually upgrading each individually. I do not see the MD even trying to hit the server.

Thanks,

Chris

1.png

2.jpg

3.png

Guru Elite

Re: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

You should see if traffic is blocked between your controller and the FTP server.  You can also try upgrading one of the controllers via FTP (don't do tftp) to ensure that there is nothing blocking traffic.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Certainly the traffic isnt blocked I can see the banner from one of the MCs when trying from its CLI to the server. At a loss. :| Is there any logging on the MCs when this is tried so I can see what is happening?

4.png

Contributor I

I was able to succesfully copy it up via FTP to one MC by going to it directly.

5.png

Guru Elite

I would run a copy from ftp to the controller (without a reboot) on the commandline.

EDIT:  Did you accidentally put in the wrong ip address for the server at one time?  You should cancel the cluster upgrade on the commandline  of the MM to ensure that the old information is flushed out:

lc-cluster <cluster_name> abort upgrade

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

My only concern with doing this is losing the hitless AP upgrade. :\

Thanks,

Chris

Guru Elite

You can attempt to cancel the upgrade on the MM using the command above to ensure that no incorrect parameters were typed in before, and try again.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

It does eventualy give up and errors out. Let me try the lc-cluster <cluster_name> abort upgrade command.

-CC

Contributor I

When I try the command I receive upgrade not in progress. I am pretty sure there were no incorrect settings originally when started the first time.

6.png

Thanks,

Chris

Guru Elite

You should open a TAC case, then.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: